Are you worried about starting your potty training journey or tired of being caught off guard with nowhere for your little trainee to go? We understand completely, which is why we're here writing about portable potty training seats that are easy to travel with. These handy little seats can easily fit in your car or diaper bag and provide a comfortable and familiar spot for your toddler to do their business, even when there's no regular toilet in sight. Even if you aren't planning a grand adventure right now, you'll be able to breathe a little easier knowing that you've got a trusty bathroom alternative on hand. So, without further ado, let's take a look at some of the best portable potty seats to travel with on the market.
My Carry Potty
This award-winning potty chair was created by Amanda Jenner, a top toilet training expert and author of multiple books on the subject. Created to be an easy no-fuss option that your toddler can carry themselves anywhere you go to keep your potty training consistent!
Things To Know
- Size requirements: manufacturer states it's for children 15 months to 3 years and up (depending on the size of your child) and the weight limit for the chair is 50kg (110 lbs).
- The product dimensions are 10.24"L x 9.3"W with a weight of ~1.88 lbs
- The seat width is 7.9" and the height is 4.3" tall- perfectly comfortable for most little ones to use!
- The handle is large enough for little hands to hold.
- While this is not a large item, it doesn't fold up or become more compact. If you need something really slim to fit in your bags, this might not be your best option.
Things To Love
- The product dimensions are 10.24"L x 10.2"W with a weight of ~1.88 lbs
- Since there are no liners used, it's better for the environment while still simplifying your life. (Green doesn't always mean harder!)
- It's the only traveling potty chair on the market with a "leak-proof seal", so you don't have to worry about cleaning up a mess when you were trying to make your life easier instead. A seal wouldn't do much without a good lock though, and this comes with that too!
- This comes in nearly a dozen colors and patterns to choose from. Whether your little one loves dinosaurs, cows, kittens, etc. My Carry Potty has an option they'll love!
Magtimes Portable Folding Large Non Slip Silicone Potty Training Seat for Kids
This best-selling portable training potty seat is the most compact of our picks today. It's got rave reviews, is designed to fit over any toilet seat regardless of shape, and uses silicone grips to stay secure while in use. It's a "no slip" and "no pinch" option.
Things To Know
- The polypropylene material used to make this recyclable potty seat is safe for toddlers and easy to clean.
- With almost 4,500 reviews, they still have a rating of 4.5 out of 5.
- Since it's designed to fit on top of toilet seats, this isn't something to use in the middle of nowhere with no bathroom in sight.
Things To Love
- This will fit on an airplane seat to help make flights more comfortable for your toddler.
- At under 9 ounces, this is very light to carry.
- It folds up to be just 4.9"x7.27" to easily fit in a diaper bag, carry-on, or purse.
- They guarantee that if you're not happy with the product at any time, they will refund you.
Best Foldable Freestanding Pick
Honboom Portable Potty Training Seat for Toddler
This easy-to-use folding potty chair can be set up and taken down really quickly with its "one step" opening. With the use of the included disposable bags, this chair can be used anywhere without worrying about how to clean it up.
We have a coupon to share for this folding travel potty seat that brings the sale price down to $9.87+taxes for us at the time of posting! The coupon only applies to the gray or blue color choice (it comes in 4 color options), the final price will show when you add it to your cart, and the coupon is good through Jan 14, 2023 at 11:59 PM PST or as long as supplies last.
To get the extra discounted price make sure to click this button here (only the link in the button will give you the additional discount).
Things To Know
- The dimensions are 8.6"x 9"x 2" when folded which is small enough to fit in many diaper bags, totes, or purses.
- It weighs just 1.3 lbs making it the lightest free-standing pick on our list
- The seat is 7" long and has an internal width of 4.7"
- It comes in four gender-neutral color choices.
Things To Love
- It can be used indoors, outdoors, or in a parked vehicle in case of a "call to nature" while out in the wilderness.
- It comes with a removable splash guard to suit your child's preferences.
- The non-slip foot grips increase the stability and keep your tot safe from sliding across the ground/floor.
- It comes with 30 disposable bags so you don't have to add another thing to your shopping list when choosing this option.
- It has a 4.5 out of 5 stars rating with almost 2,900 reviews-making it an easy choice for any "top picks" list.
As parents, we know that potty training can be a challenging and unpredictable journey. Having the right tools on hand can make all the difference, and that's where a portable potty seat comes in. When shopping for a portable potty seat, it's important to consider factors like size, portability, ease of cleaning, and durability. Look for seats that are lightweight and easy to transport, but also sturdy enough to withstand the abuse of toddlers (err of travel). With a variety of options available, you can definitely find the potty chair for travels that best meets your needs and budget.
Questions And Answers
How do you travel in the car while potty training?
When potty training a child in a car, it is crucial to plan ahead and make frequent stops at rest areas or gas stations. It may also be helpful to keep a portable potty seat or training seat in the car for emergency situations. Have your toddler use the bathroom before getting in the car, ask them frequently if they need to use the bathroom while driving, and remind them to let you know if they need to go during the trip.
How do I clean a portable potty chair?
This will depend on the specific chair you're using, but many portable potty chairs are easy to clean and disassemble. Some come with disposable liners for an easy cleanup, while others offer direct you to dump and sanitize. Most importantly, please make sure to refer to the manufacturer's directions for specific cleaning instructions.
How can I make my child comfortable using a portable potty chair?
To help your child feel most comfortable using a portable potty chair, you should start by using it at home. Once they're familiar and accepting of it in their safest environment, then they're more likely to accept using it out in public or while traveling. You can also use positive reinforcement and make it fun for them with charts, goals, stickers, or other prizes.
How do I know which portable potty chair is the best one for my child?
The best portable potty chair for your child will depend on their age, size, personal preferences, and intended use. Will you be using it in the car, while camping, on a plane? Do you want something that can be used anywhere or do you have a specific use in mind? Is it important to you how small or light it is? If you want to carry it in a purse, the size will matter more than if you're stowing it in the car for emergencies.