Stains happen, and when they do, you want to be prepared. Whether it’s pureed carrots or a chocolate ice cream cone, baby stains can be some of the most difficult to remove. Unfortunately, your stain-stressing days won't end when your baby becomes a toddler either, which is why we’ve rounded up some of the best stain removers for those inevitable messes. Read on for our top picks!
Shout Advanced Spray and Wash Laundry Stain Remover Gel, "Best Shout Formula"
The fact that this has over 12,000 reviews and sits at a 4.8/5 rating should probably speak for itself, but since we put it on our list here, we'll explain why it deserves to be a top choice.
It has a thick consistency that allows it to stay in place on fabric as it works its magic. All you have to do is apply it directly onto the stain and let sit for five minutes before washing with soap and water. For the toughest stains they recommend letting it sit overnight and washing with the warmest water appropriate for the fabric.
What To Know
- Safe for all "colorfast" laundry, meaning it won't bleach your adorable onesies, and it still works with all water temperatures, though they recommend the warmest temperature tolerable for the fabric in question.
- The manufacturer claims that this formula allows you to spray treat the stains and wait up to a week to wash them while still getting great results. It's probably not recommended to wait that long in our opinion, but if you forgot a treated shirt in a corner somewhere (what parent hasn't at least once?), you can test this claim out for yourself.
What To Love
- While consumer opinion still differs between which shout formula is king, the manufacturer states that this one has 70% more "stain-fighting power" than its older but well-loved "Shout Triple-Acting" formula.
- The extra thick, concentrated, gel was designed to treat "difficult set-in stains." In our experience that includes baby poo and breast milk, but they list wine, makeup, and blood for examples.
- Their motto "tough on stains, but gentle on fabric" has been proven true for many, many years.
The Hate Stains Co
"Miss Mouth's Messy Eater Stain Treater"
This number-one stain remover has over 36,000 ratings! We're going to be real honest here and admit that somehow, we'd never heard of them prior to researching for this article! It is not hard to understand why they're so well-loved though, everything about them is witty, honest, safe, and effective. (Pretty much the gold standard in our home.) And don't you just love that name!?!
What To Know
- This is a biodegradable formula, that's “Safer Choice” certified, and Climate Pledge Friendly. Isn't it great when you don't have to feel guilty about choosing what works?
- They describe this as perfect for everything from clothes to carpets and even toys.
- This has received 5 star reviews on Good Morning America & The Today Show!
What To Love
- This formula is effective on both fresh and set-in stains like baby food, formula, ink and blood.
- Their instructions are to "simply spray, blot, rinse, and watch the toughest fresh or dry stains disappear." That's easy enough even for the busiest of caregivers to manage most days.
- Reviewers rave about how they used this to get out old set-in blood stains, stains on a wedding dress that even a dry cleaner couldn't remove, and of course the reason we're here reading this, "the best for baby food stains."
- This unscented stain fighter comes in multiple-size spray bottles as well as individually packaged wipes for all your on-the-go messes.
OxiClean Versatile Stain Remover Powder
With almost 72,000 global ratings, we believe them when they say they're "America's #1Versatile Stain Fighter". It may be TOO versatile for this list in fact! They list floor and hard surface cleaning, upholstery, patio, grout, carpet and of course laundry amongst the "101+" ways to use this incredible powder.
What To Know
- The OxiClean powder primary feature is it's "oxygen-based, water-activated formula." Using the power of oxygen, it can get out the toughest, most stubborn spots and set-in stains
- They recommend adding this to a load of laundry with your regular detergent to get it "extra clean" or using it as a presoak to work on tough stains before washing.
- They recommend pre-soaking any stained clothes with this in warm water before washing, so it may take a little extra time than some other options.
What To Love
- As mentioned above, the versatility here is truly incredible. Since it's safe and effective to use on carpets, upholstery and most of the surfaces in your house, it can be a one-stop-shop that makes cleaning simpler.
- It not only works on pet stains, but can remove wine, coffee, baby spit-up and just about everything else!
- This chlorine-free stain fighter won't fade your clothes and is color safe.
Working hard at being a parent doesn't mean having to sacrifice clean nice looking clothes! With these three products in your arsenal, you'll be able take on anything from spit up stains to unknown mystery messes with ease—leaving more time for snuggly cuddles instead of scrubbing out stubborn spots! So don't hesitate; stock up now so that when a mess hits...you're ready! And remember—no matter how big the mess gets, with the right stain remover on hand, your little one's clothes will stay as adorable as they are (or close enough anyway because OMG those cheeks, right!?!😍)